Course Title: Integrated Technology in Performance and Improvisation.
Brief: In this course students will learn fundamental skills for the use of technology in performance including recording and processing of audio signals in a compositional and improvisational context. Students will have hands on experience working with technology and creating music with their instrument and augmenting its musical possibilities through experimentation. The culmination of this eight-week course will be a series of short performances by the students.
Download – nuhnEdu-v0.16
- Week 1, 22 January – Introduction to Connecting Audio – Setting up NuhnEdu and controllers, some sound experiments – Tutorials for NuhnEdu
- Week 2, 29 January – Processing Types and Experimentation – Strombinet
- Week 3, 5 February – Playing with mapping
Break for Experimentation
- Week 4, 19 February – Fundamentals of Composition – Compositional exercises on instruments
- Week 5, 26 February – Live Processing on instruments, miking instruments. – Assignment of film project and final project
- Week 6, 5 March – Guided Experimentation and Composition
- Week 7, 26 March – Consultations
- Week 8, 2 April – Rehearsals
Week 9 – Performance